J. Baptista was funded in 1944 by João Baptista and started its activity with the commercialization of machinery and its accessories for the textile industry.
Later on, under the direction of José Baptista, the company’s area of business was extended to
the whole industry through the transformation and commercialization of a diverse set of
products, namely transmission, conveyor and processing belts, modular conveyors, stamping
screens, coatings, special lubricants, among others.
The headquarters of J. Baptista is located in Porto, having also a branch in Sintra.